Who We Are
The Bike Shed is run by Arts In Merkinch. Arts In Merkinch is a voluntary not-for-profit organisation operating in the Merkinch our mission is to promote social, physical, emotional and economic health by developing skills and providing access to arts and cultural activity for the residents of Merkinch.
We have several aims which direct all the activities that we do – The Bike Shed is just one of them!
Our aims are:
- To enable equal participation in arts and cultural activity for all.
- To promote attendance at high quality arts and cultural events.
- To support established and emerging artists.
- To endeavour to overcome barriers to participation and attendance.
We will do this by :
- Developing regular participatory workshops including but not limited to art, craft, dance, film, media, music, theatre and writing.
- Supporting and providing opportunities for community groups to showcase their abilities and achievements. Provide access to space, time and other resources for the creation and production of art.
- Use arts and cultural activity to engage with current social issues.
- Promoting local groups to a wider audience.
- Developing audiences through active promotion.
- Creating opportunities for our community to access national and international arts and culture.
- Create a fun, enjoyable and safe environment to participate.
Arts In Merkinch is run by a board of directors which represent our membership. We hold our General Annual Meeting in September of each year. If you would like to become a member of Arts In Merkinch you can join by completing an application form and returning it to Arts In Merkinch, 33 Grant Street, Inverness, IV3 8BN.